Welcome to The Newton High School Library
The goal of NHS Library is to promote the love of reading and the pursuit of knowledge for all students and staff of NHS.
We support our mission, "to prepare all students to be productive, informed, and actively contributing members of society," by providing the best information available through Books, AV materials and Internet Sources. This information is used to support our curriculum and information requested by our patrons.
The library is open Monday - Friday from 7:20 am to 3:30pm.
Arrangements maybe made to use the library earlier or later by contacting Mrs. Hailey or Mrs. Logan.
- All pupils and staff in the school are entitled to use the
media center and check out books. Students with library
deficiencies or overdue books are expected to take care
of these in a timely manner.
- Reference books, such as encyclopedias and dictionaries,
are to be used only in the media center.
- Books on reserve may be borrowed for one period or
after school, in which case they must be returned the
next morning before school starts.
- Other books may be checked out for a period of two weeks.
- The student does not have to have the book with him/her
when he/she wishes to renew it.
- Five cents per day is charged for each overdue book.
- When a reserve book is not returned, the fine is ten cents
- Students will pay for lost books and will pay fines on
- No book may be taken from the media center unless
checked out to the borrower.
- The media center is open each school day before and
after school at times set by the principal. Students are
urged to use the media center regularly and to comply
with the above regulations.
- Students are to use appropriate behavior while in the
library and be respectful of others who are reading,
working on school projects or studying.
- Students who use computers have the responsibility
to use computer resources for academic purposes only.
Students are to follow all guidelines provided under our
Internet Acceptable Use Policy found in the NHS Handbook.
SERVICES PROVIDED AT THE LIBRARY
The NHS Library provides the following services:
A circulating collection of over 8,000 Books.
A video library of over 600 Videos, CDs, and DVDs
Six Dell computers with 2 laser jet printers
Materials to assist in completing projects
Adult and student assistances to provide guidance in
selecting and using appropriate materials to successfully
accomplish all assignments.
LIBRARY SPONSORED EVENTS
The largest club on campus!
Media Club sponsors:
A Library Fund Raiser each Fall
Thanksgiving Food Drive
Christmas Wrapping Party
Tea for Seniors in April
Ronald Mcdonald House
TOP TIGER INTERNET SITES
Boy in Striped Pajamas
Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy